The North Star was first established in 1807 by an expatriate from Connecticut. Ebenezer Eaton arrived in northern Vermont by ox sled, bringing his family and printing press to Danville, Vermont the newly settled seat of Caledonia County. A century later, the North Star has been re-established as a monthly community magazine, and its pages were devoted to the “reinforcement of the value of community” by publishing stories from a wide range of interests and writers. Committed to the people, places and institutions of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. Published by Northstar Publishing LLC in Danville.
Partial funding for development of this website made possible by a Rural Business Enterprise Grant through the Northern Community Investment Corporation from USDA Rural Development.
29 Hill St ~ PO Box 319
Danville, VT 05828-0319